Subject: Re: current-20000206
To: Miles Nordin <carton@Ivy.NET>
From: Assar Westerlund <assar@sics.se>
List: current-users
Date: 02/21/2000 14:47:22
Miles Nordin <carton@Ivy.NET> writes:
> 1. Shouldn't MKOBJDIRS be defaulted to and tested against NO in capital
>    letters, not ``no,'' to be consistent with our other variables?  This
>    is in src/Makefile

I dunno about the way this has been done, but just looking at the
Makefile it seems like have ``no'' is the common way.  Am I confused?

> 2. Does the crypto-export decision mean I can start discussing and
>    send-pr'ing the crypto-intl stuff even though I am (for now at least)
>    a US citizen?

If you really want to find out, please read the relevant regulation
and/or consult a lawyer.  My own reading of the text as a non-USA
non-lawyer type person is that you're free to do that (falling under
``techincal assistance'').

> 3. After upgrading from a 1999 -current, I find that my telnet link is no
>    longer transparent to ^O.  I have to type ^] and then 'send ao' to
>    postpone a message in pine now.  Is this behaviour incorrect, or merely
>    annoying?  Is there a better workaround?

Sorry, I don't know how this is supposed to work.

/assar