Subject: Sendto failure
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@druid.net>
List: current-users
Date: 02/20/2000 22:14:15
I have a little script that calls snmpget from the ucd-snmp pkg in the
pkgsrc collection.  It has been working fine for months.  Yesterday I
updated my kernel to the latest (1.4T) and rebuilt the world.  Now
whe I run it I get a "snmpget: Failure in sendto (Address family not
supported by protocol family)".  I have tried rebuilding everything -
kernel, userland, ucd-snmp - and still I get the error.  On another
system I did the same from the same sources and it works fine.  When
I copy the libs and the binaries over to the other system the same
program and libraries that worked on one fail on the other.  It sure
seems to be in the sendto function except that no other program seems
to be having the same problem.

I use sup to pick up sources and I picked up the latest on both systems
this morning so both should be the same.  Can anyone think of any
reason why I would get this error all of a sudden?