Subject: RE: ray0 and nwid
To: Wolfgang Rupprecht <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@rumolt.teuto.de>
List: current-users
Date: 02/19/2000 09:57:37
> Hmm, how much is "a few"? I've powered down all systems multiple
> times and they still don't talk. All worked well before I changed
> the nwid.

So, I changed the Win32 machine back to the default, removed the "nwid" line
from /etc/ifconfig.ray0 and rebooted both machines once: voila, it works
again

> Are you using any kind of Windows on one of your machines? This
> may be an incompatibility when passing the NWID to the firmware?

I think there we are. It works for you with only NetBSD machines involved,
but fails to work against the Windows driver.

Anyone in the know of what the standard says, could you please advice how to
debug this?

Martin