Subject: RE: ray0 and nwid
To: Martin Husemann <martin@rumolt.teuto.de>
From: Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang@wsrcc.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/19/2000 06:42:23
Martin Husemann writes:
> Hmm, how much is "a few"? I've powered down all systems multiple times and
> they still don't talk. All worked well before I changed the nwid.

I noticed that the order of operations in the static config was
important.  One has to set the nwid first, and then set the "normal"
ifconfig.  My /etc/config.ray0 file is effectively:

nwid somelongpassword
inet 192.168.197.1

> Are you using any kind of Windows on one of your machines? This may be an
> incompatibility when passing the NWID to the firmware?

3 out of the 4 machines can dual boot into mswindows.

I can change the nwid under netbsd for all the machines and things
work fine.  I can't get the mswindows machines to talk to netbsd
machines.

I was wondering if the mswindows machines might be prepending the
"workgroup name" to the nwid "password" (or some other such
silliness).

-wolfgang
--
Wolfgang Rupprecht    <wolfgang@wsrcc.com>     http://www.wsrcc.com/wolfgang/