Subject: Re: sysctl for users mounting filesystems
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: current-users
Date: 02/17/2000 16:41:47
>> Can users mount filesystems with setuid-ok status?
> I believe a user-mounted filesystem always has everything owned by
> the user mounting.

`That turns out not to be the case.'  At least not when I tried
user-mounting procfs - I was a bit disturbed to find that root owned
the procfs root even when the mount was done by a vanilla user.

I invested a few brain cycles in trying to work this into a security
breach, but failed.  Perhaps someone cleverer than I - or with more
spare time :) - will succeed.

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca