Subject: Re: dialup server (pppd)
To: Chan Yiu Wah <c5666305@hkstar.com>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/17/2000 02:03:54
On Thu, 17 Feb 2000, Chan Yiu Wah wrote:

> The method you mentioned didn't solve the problem.

You're not doing what I suggested. The ppp interfaces need to have
distinct ip addresses, different than any other ip addresses on either
LAN. IP numbers are for interfaces, not machines. You're telling the
server to use the same IP number for ppp0 as for the ethernet IF, and
it won't work. Even if it could work, you wouldn't have any way to
specify the routes. I echo'ed Miles suggestion that you set up the ppp
link as a completely seperate network, and set up routes accordingly.