Subject: Re: Tangent: Current-kernel revision naming...
To: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@netbsd.org>
From: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
List: current-users
Date: 02/15/2000 22:00:32
>looking at the picture on
>http://www.netbsd.org/Releases/release-map.html (and excluding the
>dashed arrows if you're inclined to include them 8-), the cvs tree
>branched for the 1.3* family of releases exactly where the tree in the
>picture forks (i.e., in exactly one place, after 1.2<whatever>).

of course.  and that's the place where i wanted to attach the name 1.3
omega.  although...perhaps omega is a little wrong, since we're
already using alpha and beta for another purpose.  maybe i could call
it 1.4 aleph?  or 1.4 epsilon?

it's that "common" point after 1.3[A-Z] ended, but before 1.4[A-Z]
started, and from where 1.4[A-Z] and 1.4 (the release) sprang.  that's
the concept i've been searching for this whole time.

--
|-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|