Subject: Insertion/deletion of PCMCIA cards not noticed?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Rafal Boni <rafal@mediaone.net>
List: current-users
Date: 02/09/2000 22:14:32
I'm running -current sup'd a few minutes ago, and although the cardbus/pcmcia
code has improved greatly recently (thanks all involved!), I'm still not
getting card insertion/deletion interrupts from my CBB.

My laptop has a TI 1131 CBB, and I'm using it in cardbus mode.  I'll try and
see if using it in PCIC-compat mode helps.

The short of the story is that if I insert/remove a card, the kernel does
not notice until the next functional interrupt from the other card kicks
in.   For extra strangeness value, the insertion into an empty slot worked
the first time after boot.

Here's the scenario:
	(1) boot, ifconfig ne0 [which is a PCMCIA card]
	(2) insert PCMCIA modem.  Kernel groks device right away and
	    attaches the driver as com1
	(3) 'tip com1' just to make sure things are A-OK
	(4) exit tip, remove PCMCIA modem.
	(5) nothing happens
	(6) ping anything through ne0
	(7) kernel perks up and notices modem card is gone, detatches com1

	(8) insert CardBus network card into now empty slot
	(9) nothing happens
	(10) ping anything through ne0
	(11) kernel perks up and notices new card, attaches it.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
--rafal

----