Subject: Re: USB controller goes nuts on Alpha
To: Nathan J. Williams <nathanw@MIT.EDU>
From: Lennart Augustsson <lennart@augustsson.net>
List: current-users
Date: 02/08/2000 10:06:37
"Nathan J. Williams" wrote:

> Once autoconfig got as far as enabling interrupts, all hell breaks
> loose in the form of an unending stream of:
>
> ohci0: scheduling overrun
>
> messages on the console.
>
> Where should I start looking?

Do you have an i386 machine to try the card in?  Just to make sure
it's to a card problem.
The next thing to do is to put USB_DEBUG in your kernel config file
and then set ohci_debug=20 and try again.

Did you have any devices plugged in when this happened?

> I may get to plug this into my other PCI
> Alpha box (a pc164) a bit later, to see if it's local to the system; I
> don't have any other systems with PCI to test the card on. Should I
> suspect a damaged card?

No

> broken ohci code?

Yes, probably.  You could debug the ohci_intr1() routine if you want to
see what happens.

--

        -- Lennart