Subject: Re: Type coersion long->int ?
To: Ted Lemon <mellon@isc.org>
From: None <erh@nimenees.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/02/2000 12:48:38
On Wed, Feb 02, 2000 at 01:24:57PM -0500, Ted Lemon wrote:

> > The fault happens at if(isalpha(c)). Am I actually doing something illegal,
> > or is there a problem here?
>
> You should say (isascii (c) && isalpha (c)).   isalpha is only defined
> for values zero through 128.

	So wouldn't it make sense for it to interpret its argument as a character
since it claims to take a character and not an int?  Or perhaps put the check for
c<0 || c>128 in the isalpha function so you could correctly pass a char without
checking it first?  It seems kinda stupid that a function which is supposed to
work on characters can't be passed everything that would fit in a char.

eric