Subject: Re: swapctl -d
To: Antti Kantee <pooka@iki.fi>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/28/2000 21:29:03
On Mon, 24 Jan 2000, Antti Kantee wrote:

# I was playing around with swapctl -d and running out of memory. Both
# work fine, unless I try to swapctl -d my swap away and don't have enough
# memory left for all the applications running. The box froze, but only
# from a userland pov, the kernel still responded to pings.
#
# Should doing swapctl -d for a non-empty swap device work at all?

If it doesn't work, there's no point in having it because
"there are no empty swap devices".

I thinnk if you swapctl -d, it ought to evaluate needed vs. available
(post-swapctl-minus-d) and issue an error (or at least forceable warning)
if you try to deallocate swap beyond what is necessary.

				--*greywolf;
--
Of course it runs NetBSD.