Subject: Re: Network performance very poor on 1.4P
To: Mike Cheponis <mac@Wireless.Com>
From: Thilo Manske <Thilo.Manske@HEH.Uni-Oldenburg.DE>
List: current-users
Date: 01/27/2000 13:21:37
On Wed, Jan 26, 2000 at 07:15:26PM -0800, Mike Cheponis wrote:
> Strangely, though, I can't get ifconfig to get out of full duplex mode.
>
> dmesg shows:
>
> ne2 at pci0 dev 9 function 0: RealTek 8029 Ethernet
> ne2: 10base2, 10baseT, 10baseT-FDX, auto, default auto
>
> And:
>
> ifconfig ne2 media 10baseT	then ifconfig -a produces:
> media: Ethernet 10baseT (10baseT full-duplex)
Hmm. This works with the ne NIC I have (RealTek 8019 (the ISA-version))...

You can try the DOS-setup utility (something like setup.exe, rset8029.exe)
on the "driver disk" wich came with your network card. Maybe
you can change things like media selection, disable full-duplex with it.

If you don't have DOS somewhere, you can download FreeDOS
at www.freedos.org.
--
Dies ist Thilos Unix Signature! Viel Spass damit.