Subject: Preliminary support for Adaptec ADP-1480 SCSI
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: current-users
Date: 01/25/2000 23:07:31
Hi folks...

I have just committed preliminary support for the Adaptec ADP-1480
SCSI controllers to -current.  It's a front-end for the `ahc' driver.
See the CARDBUS and/or DR-EVIL kernel configs for examples.

It's `preliminary' because:

	- It has not actually been tested on hardware, though all
	  indications are that it's a straight-forward AIC-7860
	  implementation (a chip already supported by the PCI
	  front-end).

	- It does no power management of any kind.

I will be doing some more work on this driver once a test card that is
being sent to me arrives, but in the mean time, please test and report
any results you might have.

Thanks!