Subject: Re: login.conf integration?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: current-users
Date: 01/23/2000 10:22:15
In message <200001231242.NAA01637@cactus.emsi.priv.at>, "Martin J. Laubach" wri
tes:
>  I just checked the su code, and indeed it now includes a piece
>of code that overrides the path and umask settings if you are su-ing
>to root. That code came from the BSDI version of su when I login-
>confified our su.

Yup.  In BSD/OS, there's a couple of security features.  'csh' will
*ALWAYS* print a warning if either .cshrc or .login tries to change root's
path.  The path is set by 'login.conf', and normally, you migrate to root's
class (root is class daemon) when you su.

>  Not sure what TRT is, fix the behaviour or the documentation?

MHO, the behavior is sufficiently useful that the documentation should reflect
it - but I think the path we give root by "default" should include the sbins.

-s