Subject: Re: dns weirdness under 1.4.2_ALPHA
To: Antti Kantee <pooka@iki.fi>
From: =?iso-8859-1?Q?P=E5llen?= <pollen@astrakan.hig.se>
List: current-users
Date: 01/23/2000 10:39:58
On Sat, 22 Jan 2000, Antti Kantee wrote:

> I installed 1.4.2_ALPHA on an Alphaserver 1000 yesterday. It works just
> fine otherweise, but name resolving is really weird. Using eg. host(1),
> w(1), telnet(1) dns works just fine, but last(1) doesn't give me any
> names, just the ip's.

I have similiar problems with named on 1.4.2_ALPHA on i386. Or it could be
an error in the Linux emulation with netscape and running local named.

I have to almost identical boxes, one of them is running named. On that
box netscape doesn't find any names. :( On the other box which uses the
first one as name server everything works ok.

---
/P=E5llen - http://www.astrakan.hig.se/~pollen
          telnet://mumindalen.astrakan.hig.se