Subject: Re: Xircom PCMCIA driver
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Feico Dillema <dillema@acm.org>
List: current-users
Date: 01/16/2000 16:04:30
On Sun, Jan 16, 2000 at 01:23:16PM +0000, David Brownlee wrote:
> 	It probably makes the most sense to fix the name before the
> 	driver works - to cause the minimal impact to any users.
> 	(I'll be silent on this now :)

Just wondering... What is this driver (going to be) supporting? I
have a Xircom card lying around here, that is labelled as a Cardbus
Ethernet 10/100 CBE-10/100BTX Card. I have no further info on what
it is. I tried it on my laptop (IBM TP570), but when I enable cardbus
support in a kernel it won't even boot beyond the `pcmcia0 at cardbus0'
boot message. I'm quite fine with my 3com card, but if this card
should (in the near future) work I'll continue trying. 100Mbs is nice
of course and nobody here has gotten it to work with any of their OSes
around here, so if NetBSD supports it I wouldn't like to miss out on
such a local NetBSD PR opportunity ;)...

Feico.