Subject: NetBSD is a warm fuzzy!
To: 'current-users@netbsd.org' <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: James Graham <greywolf@captech.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/11/2000 10:03:59
Due to the lack of support for my SPARC Ultra 1 Creator-3D, I decided to
give Linux a go.
Not bad, really, since I'm not using it for a dev box (end-user stuff only).

However, I will say that once NetBSD becomes available for this box, I'm
setting up shop.
Linux' limitation of NFS to version 2 is causing all sorts of havoc for
automount points from
Solaris especially.

NetBSD *definitely* gets the award for warm fuzzies in my book -- I'll take
it and its
organisation over Linux any fscking day of the week.

Oh, and last, but not least, healthy, hearty kudos to those of you working
on getting 24-bit framebuffer support going -- that's really, _really_
cool, and you are BRAVE souls for taking this on, IMHO.

--*greywolf;
/* OpenSource is NOT exclusive to Linux -- explore your options */