Subject: {www2|ftp2|anoncvs}.no.netbsd.org scheduled downtime...
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Feico Dillema <dillema@acm.org>
List: current-users
Date: 01/11/2000 12:13:31
Hello,

We need to do a lot of software and hardware upgrading/relocating of
our server. Instead of a nice gradual but slow maintenance strategy
we will go for a flagday to get it over with as quickly as possible.
This flagday is now scheduled for coming Thursday (CET). Thursday,
all our services will be taken down and should come up again one
by one. Scheduled time starts around noon (12:00 CET), and we expect
it will take a few hours before everything is online and stable
again. Please refrain from starting long anoncvs sessions with
our server on Thursday afternoon, so that we won't have to feel
very guilty when we feel the need for a reboot during that time.

Apologies for the inconvenience but we hope that by Friday
everything is back to normal but working at higher performance
and again with more diskspace.

Feico.