Subject: Re: Bringing CVS Into the Tree
To: None <feico@pasta.cs.uit.no>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 01/10/2000 10:02:28
Feico Dillema <dillema@acm.org> writes:
> > Now the flame war: base or comp?
>
> Hmmm, anybody want to CVS sources without compiling them? I'd see
> comp would be the logical place.

Uh, CVS is very useful for lots of things other than sources.

Personally, I use it for web pages and system configuration files
(/etc -- yes, really, with a few helper scripts) as well as for
sources.

> ...and what should RCSLOCALID be set to? Standard `Id' or `NetBSD'?
> Or can we have CVS recognize both?

_Not_ NetBSD; that's for use by NetBSD project CVS servers, serving
the NetBSD sources.  If the default were to include NetBSD, then
people checking in copies of NEtBSD sources to a local repository
would have those NetBSD ids clobbered... which is exactly the reason
we switched from Id in the first place!

cgd