Subject: Re: Bringing CVS Into the Tree
To: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
List: current-users
Date: 01/10/2000 06:30:53
On Mon, 10 Jan 2000, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:

> Luckily, you don't actually get to _decide_ unilaterally about any of
> these matters.

No, that's why I'm posting here. I was working on the assumption
that we all would discuss this on the mailing lists and come to
some sort of consensus on whether to do this or not. I'm sorry if
you interpreted my post otherwise. If you feel that this isn't the
correct approach, however, perhaps you might let us know what the
correct approach is?

> An inquiry somewhere more appropriate, phrased in a less bombastic manner,
> might be more likely to yield the result you desire...

Where is `somewhere more appropriate'? Current-users seemed logical
to me, but I've no objection to moving the discussion elsewhere.
I don't know where else it might go, aside from perhaps tech-userlevel.

> Just my $.002.

I'll say! I assume you didn't mean to insult me, but I find
`bombastic' something of a pejorative term.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   917 532 4208   De gustibus, aut bene aut nihil.
The most widely ported operating system in the world: http://www.netbsd.org