Subject: Re: Bringing CVS Into the Tree
To: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
From: Antti Kantee <pooka@iki.fi>
List: current-users
Date: 01/10/2000 12:41:19
On Mon Jan 10 2000 at 03:09:09 -0500, Curt Sampson wrote:

> Since anonymous CVS is now an official method for getting and
> updating copies of both the NetBSD source tree and the NetBSD pkgsrc
> tree, I'm proposing that it would be a good idea to bring CVS into
> the main tree, rather than having it just a package. If people are
> worried about `bloat,' I'm happy to consider proposals for removing
> other, less-used tools, such as RCS, or perhaps sup.

"no", I still use both (rcs and sup)

Removing something from the tree causes without a doubt "much wailing
and gnashing of teeth", because judging the usage for a arbitrary tool
in the tree is almost impossible to do.

> I've been considering this for a while now, because CVS and ssh
> are the two things I *always* find myself building whenever I
> install a NetBSD system for any purpose. (I'm hoping that at some
> point we can bring in OpenSSH as well, to save the bother of
> downloading and compiling that with every install.)
>
> Thoughts? Opinions?

I am not entirely sure we need cvs (though I don't object), but ssh I
would be delighted to see.

--
  "Never underestimate the power of the Lite side of the \Source/"
 Antti Kantee   /       NetBSD        \  1973 <- draken   \    / o