Subject: Re: cross compiling -cuurent on 1.4/alpha
To: NetBSD-current Discussion List <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 01/10/2000 10:59:14
Greg A. Woods wrote:

> > I think you may not realize how far ``make snapshot'' has come in the last
> > year. It is not far off from being usable for both snapshots and releases.
>
> That's really cool then!  I look forward to the day in the hopefully
> near future when I can do more frequent and more -current builds.  An
> ultimate merge of all the release building processes into "make
> snapshot" would be ideal of course....

For some architectures, "make release" does almost everything.  For
a pmax release (or shapshot - it's the same mechanism), I type "make
release", and then put a few readme files in the right places.  The
only thing that isn't handled with the one command right now is xsrc.

Yes, things are much easier than they used to be :-)

Simon.