Subject: Re: Setting locales (or: how to get Elm to use the right charset)
To: Martin Husemann <martin@rumolt.teuto.de>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: current-users
Date: 01/09/2000 16:40:01
On Sun, Jan 09, 2000 at 10:49:22AM +0100, Martin Husemann wrote:
> Where are they classified? Where can I change this? /usr/share/locale only
> seems to contain the message files (and I even did the original 'de'
> catalogue). All man pages I found neither mentioned environment settings nor
> system files.

Just unpack ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/i386/french/locale.tgz
in /. It will make LC_CTYPE=iso_8859_1 work properly.
I didn't try to integrate this in the base system because I don't have the
original sources; also I believe the current LC_CTYPE support is considered
"brocken", but I don't remember the details.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
     {Net,Free}BSD: 22 ans d'experience feront toujours la difference