Subject: Re: RFC: Simple screen editor for NetBSD
To: Oleg Polyanski <luke@eed.miee.ru>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
List: current-users
Date: 01/09/2000 11:16:19
On Sat, Jan 08, 2000 at 05:00:23PM +0300, Oleg Polyanski wrote:
>         I would suggest `jove' but it isn't perfect.. May be `jed'?

Jed is nice, but with all those slang files and libraries, it's huge.

(It's strange how big UNIX binaries actually are if you are used to
systems like the Amiga (rip).  My brother wrote a text editor with full
GUI, pull-down menus, mouse support etc. and the binary size is only
37708 bytes.  The code is re-entrant so that multiple editor processes
are able to run the same copy of code in memory.)

  -jm