Subject: Re: RFC: Simple screen editor for NetBSD
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jay Maynard <jmaynard@conmicro.cx>
List: current-users
Date: 01/07/2000 13:29:41
On Fri, Jan 07, 2000 at 02:16:42PM -0500, Todd Vierling wrote:
> Though the source-code is *ugly*, joe is much smaller, and supports pico
> (and other) keystroke emulation modes.

On Linux/Intel:

[root@yakkowarner jmaynard]# ls -l `which joe`
-r-xr-xr-x   1 root     root       172956 Sep  7 14:21 /usr/bin/joe

Is that small enough? From the original comments, I'd guess not...

I love joe to the point that one of the first things I do on any Unixoid
system I install is get it running (set to default to WordStar keybindings -
joe is the only Unix editor I've seen that gets them right), but I'm not at
all sure it's what the original poster intended.