Subject: Re: RFC: Simple screen editor for NetBSD
To: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
From: Antti Kantee <pooka@iki.fi>
List: current-users
Date: 01/07/2000 23:50:33
On Fri Jan 07 2000 at 21:21:43 +0000, David Brownlee wrote:

> 	If the editor is present it should be:

    - In /dev/null

> 		- In /usr/bin
> 		- Be simple to use, with cursor keys, and emacs like move
> 		- Not wrap long lines
> 		- Preserve uid/permissions on files

but if that is not the case, as has been said already:

- not be the default
- display help immediately when invoked (perhaps even not allow to turn
  it off..)
- be annoyingly stupid enough to discourage continuous usage
- small

Here's what I propose for the feature-set:
- find
- save
- quit

--
  "Never underestimate the power of the Lite side of the \Source/"
 Antti Kantee   /       NetBSD        \  1973 <- draken   \    / o