Subject: Re: 1.4.2_ALPHA on m68k: __nsyylineno undefined
To: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@jocelyn.rhein.de>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: current-users
Date: 01/05/2000 10:53:43
> Whenever I use the freshly built 1.4.2_ALPHA libc.so.12.40, I get (e.g.)
>
> ld.so: more:/usr/lib/libc.so.12.40: __nsyylineno undefined
>
> Did I mess up the build?

Quite possibly.  This looks suspiciously like the "borked /dev/stdout"
symptom - check to see if the nslexer.c generated during the libc build
is empty.  (If it is, /dev/stdout quite likely is a plain file
containing what should be in nslexer.c.)

If you no longer have the nslexer.c from the build, extract nslexer.o
from libc.a and see what its symbol table is like; it should define a
bunch of symbols - like, just for instance :), the ones you're seeing
complaints about.

Thing is, nslexer.o is built by running lex -o/dev/stdout and
redirecting the output.  If /dev/stdout doesn't exist at that point, or
doesn't work right for any reason.... :-)

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca