Subject: Strange 'lpt0' driver in NetBSD-1.4.2_ALPHA
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Markus Kilbinger <kilbi@rad.rwth-aachen.de>
List: current-users
Date: 01/04/2000 22:09:11
Hi!

After upgrading NetBSD 1.3.3 -> 1.4.2_ALPHA on an i386 machine
printing via /dev/lpt0 causes the new kernel to panic after
transmission of several kb of data. Disconnecting the printer was the
first way to interrupt this panic dead lock.

After that I've inspected the printers (hp laserjet 4) parallel port
config and noticed that it was set to 'high speed = no' data
transmission which worked with NetBSD-1.3.3. I changed that to 'high
speed = yes': That solved the problem!? As I can remember the latter
was a problem with NetBSD 1.3.3.

This just as NetBSD 1.4.2_ALPHA feedback,

Markus.