Subject: Question on crypto
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Paulo A. P. Pires <pappires@coppe.ufrj.br>
List: current-users
Date: 12/28/1999 22:18:55
Hello, all.

I have some doubts related to building crypto-enabled binaries
out of crypto-intl sources (tracked with cvs).  Apparently,
libraries build and install just fine, and I was told that IPsec
support in kernel builds are also OK.

What happened, however, to userland programs like bdes and all
kerberos-related stuff (I know kerberos is US-only, but there is
a replacement for it somewhere, isn't there?)?  Also, if I do

    make -DDOMESTIC DOMESTIC=crypto-intl build

the process fails since there no Makefile in /usr/src/crypto-intl
(yet since there is not what to build in usr.bin, perhaps it
should not be there anyway).

I may sound stupid, but I do not understand how crypto support
is now.  I'd appreciate some directions to get a picture of how
it is organized and, hopefully, get the full of it in my system.

---
	Pappires