Subject: Re: Softdep disk usage issue
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: current-users
Date: 12/20/1999 10:31:41
> What may be happening is that, because file removals or truncations
> don't get sent to the disk immediately, the data is not immediately
> reclaimed and the disk may appear full when it's not.

This I can't really understand.  It would mean that when checking to
see if the disk is full, the filesystem code somehow reads the disk
directly instead of hitting the block waiting to be pushed.

This (a) makes no sense to me and (b) strikes me as a bug in any case;
what if that were a data block rather than a metadata block being read?

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca