Subject: Re: cardbus ethernet throughput
To: None <lainestump@rcn.com>
From: Brad Spencer <brad@anduin.eldar.org>
List: current-users
Date: 12/18/1999 22:10:10
[snip]

   2) ifconfig shows that the ex0 phy thinks it's operating at 10baseT,
   although the "100" light is lit on the dongle, and it's definitely moving
   faster than 10Mbit/s.

[snip]

I'v noticed the above also...  however, it might be just slightly poor
printing of the output.  If I do a 'ifconfig ex0 media 100basetx mediaopt
full-duplex' I get the following:

ex0: flags=8863<UP,BROADCAST,NOTRAILERS,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
        media: Ethernet 100baseTX full-duplex (10baseT)

The speed is 100baset.  In fact, I can't seem to get 'ifconfig' to ever
shift the card out of 100basetx mode, in any case...

Brad Spencer - brad@anduin.eldar.org   http://anduin.eldar.org
[finger brad@anduin.eldar.org for PGP public key]