Subject: elf update on i386
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 12/18/1999 15:36:41
  My recommendation on updating to ELF if you find /emul/aout to be a pain.

     # cd /usr/lib
     # mkdir aout
     # ln lib*.so.* aout
       (similarily for /usr/X11R6/lib, /usr/pkg/lib, etc. )

     # cat /etc/ld.so.conf
     /usr/lib/aout
     /usr/X11R6/lib/aout
     /usr/pkg/lib/aout
     # ldconfig -S
       (edit /etc/rc to add this option)

     # ldconfig -r | grep -v aout

  extract a snapshot, or as I have done on a number of systems, just copy the
lib files that I need. This lets me install new binaries as being elf, and
refrain from upgrading until the next release.

]      Out and about in Ottawa.    hmmm... beer.                |  firewalls  [