Subject: vaio and cardbus
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang@wsrcc.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/16/1999 07:28:56
Encouraged by the recent postings of cardbus success, I finally took
the plunge and got myself a Linksys Tulip-based 10/100 cardbus card
for my Sony Vaio 505TX.  Compiling up a new kernel with cardbus in it
and rebooting I get:

    cbb0 at pci0 dev 10 function 0 (Rx5C475), chipflags 2
     Do not use cbb0 because of intr unconfig.

It appears that the vaio bios is not assigning an irq to the cardbus
bridge.  At first I thought this might be a problem with irq
exhaustion, so I turned off a bunch of ISA crap that I never use
anyway (ir-serial link, lpr port, firewire).  I figured this would
give the PCI 3 more irq's to share around.  Nope. No change.  Same
msg.

I can boot into w98 and use the card, so m$ does know how to init the
cardbus.  Hopefully sony doesn't expect every OS to be PNP capable and
do all the nasties itself.

Did anyone succeed at running a cardbus on a Vaio?

-wolfgang
--
       Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang+gnus@dailyplanet.wsrcc.com>
		    http://www.wsrcc.com/wolfgang/