Subject: Re: CVS repository copy is the least preferred way of moving files
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: David Maxwell <david@fundy.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 12/16/1999 10:12:15
On Thu, Dec 16, 1999 at 01:48:53AM -0500, der Mouse wrote:
> > Frankly, no.  You may not ask.  Without ranting too much, the
> > Internet is very anti-censorship.

> So where do *you* get off telling (not even asking, I note) him he may
> not make his request?  Sauce for the goose....

Very correct, and my own previous comments too. It was certainly said
in a moment of frustration. I'm sorry.

I do have a sense though that defending freedom of speech is an
exception to the communication model- expecially where we are
talking about Free Software (Free as in Free Speech, not Free Beer).

I would like to _ask_, that for the benefit of the atmosphere around
NetBSD, that where possible, people treat each other in a pleasant
manner. If you feel the need to insult someone, at least do so directly.
(i.e. privately)

Happy Holidays, and may we have a new year of pro-social NetBSD
development.

(About an Amiga rendering landscapes) It's not thinking, it's being artistic!
					      - Jamie Woods