Subject: Re: What plateform for a home Firewall ?
To: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
From: Thilo Manske <Thilo.Manske@HEH.Uni-Oldenburg.DE>
List: current-users
Date: 12/15/1999 00:10:03
On Tue, Dec 14, 1999 at 05:05:40PM -0500, Dave McGuire wrote:
>   *sigh*  Oh, wonderful.  Yet another good processor design that's destined to
> be lost in the quagmire of Intel's overcommercialized trash.
IMHO the StrongARM is already lost. When was it released? 1995?
The first SA110 had 200Mhz (when Pentiums were around 100MHz I think).
A year (IIRC) later DEC produced 233Mhz versions.

Then Intel bought the StrongARM.

What's the fastet StrongARM you get nowadays?
Still SA110@233MHz AFAIK.
Absolutely no progress in terms of speed...

(Well, we still have ARM LTD with their ARM10-Family)
--
Dies ist Thilos Unix Signature! Viel Spass damit.