Subject: Re: CVSup collections for NetBSD CVS tree
To: Wolfram Schneider <wosch@panke.de.freebsd.org>
From: David Maxwell <david@fundy.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 12/12/1999 17:21:22
On Sun, Dec 12, 1999 at 09:59:53PM +0100, Wolfram Schneider wrote:
> The NetBSD CVS tree is available from the
> host cvsup.de.freebsd.org, supported collections:

Well, this caught me by surprise - I wasn't involved in the
planning of this, but it seems like a good time to give a
public update...

John Polstra, (CVSup author, and FreeBSD core team member)
Phil Nelson, (NetBSD pc532 port maintainer)
and myself, have been working on getting m3 running natively
on NetBSD.

It isn't finished, we have dynamic linking issues to clean up,
as well as building on a wider range of the ports. Then
turning it all into a sane pkgsrc entry is another matter.

That said, with this new announcement, I'll try to push out
at least an i386 package of CVSup binaries for people to
try out.

Many thanks to John and Phil. Figuring out problems with
a compiler written in a foreign 'language' is somewhat
daunting.

If you don't spend energy getting what you want,
	You'll have to spend it dealing with what you get.
					      - Unknown