Subject: Re: awi/cnw driver fun..
To: Bill Sommerfeld <sommerfeld@orchard.arlington.ma.us>
From: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
List: current-users
Date: 12/11/1999 11:35:12
>> It was detected by the awi driver (also to my own suprise), not the
>> cnw. It presented me with a awi net interface.
>This seems surprising at first given that the awi driver matches based
>purely on manufacturer/device id's, but I get the impression that Bay
>wound up buying the manufacturers of the netwave.  Must be exactly the
>same device under the covers..

	If I remember correctly,
	- Netwave was a division of Xircom.  They produced "Xircom Netwave"
	  cards.
	- Netwave became a separate company.  Product was renamed to
	  "Netwave AirSurfer" (non-plus).
	- Separate product, "Netwave AirSurfer Plus" came.
	- Bay bought Netwave.
	- (maybe here are some products, which are basically idential to
	  "Netwave AirSurfer Plus"... I don't remember)
	- "BayStack 650" and "BayStack 660" came out.

itojun