Subject: Re: Trouble with cardbus and tlp on vaio (i386)?
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 12/09/1999 17:09:54
In message <199912092119.NAA12370@lestat.nas.nasa.gov>Jason Thorpe writes
>On Thu, 09 Dec 1999 12:56:02 -0800

>That's a NetGear FA-510.  Works Great.  Typing over it now.

Yep.  Said I had a FA-510 in my first message, glad we agree on that:->.
What I'm saying is, it does _not_ work for me.  I have no clue why.

Apparently Netgear shipped some cards with not-quite-right tuples and
ship an updated driver to cope with that; I really hope that's not the
problem here.  It just says no media, did not complete link detection.
The lights on the dongle flash at boot and then stay dark forever.

Darn, the battery ran flat.  I'll reboot DOS and double-check that works.
It's plugged into a netgear hub, I doubt that's the problem :)

>You should, however, read the message I recently sent to tech-net
>regarding NWAY, PHYs, and all that.

I saw it briefly, this AM. Someone rebooted the Linux fileserver here,
and all my email ran foul of the standard Linux 2.2.x NFS
lossage. Once I catch up from IRTF stuff, I'll get back to it.

My biggest concern: make sure manual fdx config works, for talking to
(eg) Cisco Cat5ks with non-nway 100Mbit blades. Next-biggest:
crossover cables between netbsd boxes, does that work with your
proposed FSM?