Subject: Re: -current build problem
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: current-users
Date: 12/08/1999 16:46:36
>>> nsparser.o(.text+0x202): undefined reference to `_nsyylex'
>>> [et seq]
>> In my experience, problems surrounding nsparser.o are usually due to
>> a broken /dev/stdout being present when libc was being rebuilt.
> Ouch, you are absolutely right.  Somehow /dev/stdout got trashed
> [lex ... -o/dev/stdout ... | sed ... >nslexer.c]

You do not want to know how long it took me to find that the first time
it bit me! :-)  In my case it was because I was building in a chrooted
tree, and I had neither a fully-set-up /dev/std* and /dev/fd/ nor an
fdesc mounted on the chroot area's /dev.  But the symptom is so very
distinctive that the second and later times it was but an irritation.)

> Thanks for the help!!!

No problem.  Glad I could save you some headaches.

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca