Subject: Re: wscons
To: None <M.Drochner@fz-juelich.de>
From: Matthieu Herrb <matthieu@laas.fr>
List: current-users
Date: 12/07/1999 23:56:17
You wrote (in your message from Monday 6)
 > Might it be possible that the X server also messes up the
 > colormap?
 > Up to now I was of the (perhaps optimistic) assumption that
 > an X server is supposed to restore everything to its previous
 > values. I'll try to get a statement from an Xfree86 person.

True. The X server is supposed to save and restore all VGA registers
(including the VGA text mode colormap). In the current design each
driver is doing this for his particular chipset. Unfortunaltly some
drivers fail to do it correctly in some cases.

--
					Matthieu