Subject: Re: remote GDB of kernel
To: Greg Oster <oster@cs.usask.ca>
From: Laine Stump <lainestump@rcn.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/06/1999 14:13:30
At 12:54 PM 12/6/99 -0600, Greg Oster wrote:
>Hmm.. at what point does it 'wait forever'?  After entering the:
>   target remote /dev/tty01
>?  Or before that, or ???  (and what, exactly, is 'it'?  The gdb, or the
>remote kernel :) )

Sorry, I should learn to be less obtuse.

What *was* happening was that the "target remote /dev/tty00" command
worked, getting me to the place in kgdb_machdep.c. If I then said "cont",
and later hit ctrl-C, the gdb would wait "forever" (until I hit ctrl-C
again and disconnected), but the target would continue working.

However, I just rebooted again, and now it's working as advertised (no idea
why it failed before - I haven't changed anything). This is *really* cool
(now I'll just have to see if xxgdb or something similar is worth using).