Subject: Re: remote GDB of kernel
To: Laine Stump <lainestump@rcn.com>
From: Greg Oster <oster@cs.usask.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 12/06/1999 12:54:09
Laine Stump writes:
> At 07:46 AM 12/6/99 -0600, Greg Oster wrote:
>
> >You can also hit CTRL-c within gdb at any time, and the remote
> >kernel will stop and wait for you to debug it :)
>
> Although I entered "set remotebreak 1", this part doesn't seem to be
> working; instead, it just waits forever.

Hmm.. at what point does it 'wait forever'?  After entering the:
   target remote /dev/tty01
?  Or before that, or ???  (and what, exactly, is 'it'?  The gdb, or the
remote kernel :) )

> If I set a breakpoint at the
> beginning, I do get control back when execution reaches the breakpoint,
> though, and I can single step after that. So it's only the break key stuff
> that doesn't work.

Hmmmm.... I don't think I've done anything else special to make that work...
I know that CTRL-c works fine for me..

> This does make things inconvenient (I have to reboot the machine to switch
> from "using" mode to "debugging" mode), but is still a much better
> situation than I had before!

Having CTRL-c work would be *much* better tho.. :-/

Later...

Greg Oster