Subject: Re: PPP woes
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@jocelyn.rhein.de>
List: current-users
Date: 12/04/1999 21:52:07
On Sat, Dec 04, 1999 at 12:13:19PM -0500, Bill Sommerfeld wrote:
> we should probably arrange for the lcp keepalives to go into the
> lowdelay queue..

Uhm...

i'd say this is a broken worksaround for a broken workaround for OSes that
dont have reliable SIGHUP signalling (namely, it was introduced for LInux).

LCP echo is a diagnosing tool... using it in dumb mode as HUP detection
replacement is wrong in the first place. Said timeout should be stopped by
any received (valid) packet, not just by LCP echoreply, instead of making
LCP echos "urgent" (and thus

On Sat, Dec 04, 1999 at 07:26:48PM +0100, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

> Sure, but a quick look at the sources didn't tell me how to do this.
> First let's see if putting all packets in one queue helps :)

I bet: no.

	-is