Subject: Compaq SMART array driver info
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jay Maynard <jmaynard@conmicro.cx>
List: current-users
Date: 12/03/1999 13:41:55
As it turns out, the SMART array driver was developed initially on FreeBSD
and ported to Linux. It's the ida driver. The FreeBSD version doesn't
support the SMART Array 4200 controller, the latest one, but the Linux
driver does, and the changes are clearly marked and should be easy to
retrofit.

The configuration utility is indeed available only via SmartStart CD or
Softpaq download, but, as it turns out, there's an info pack that's freely
distributable and should be sufficient to write a configuration utility. You
can request a copy by email to arrays@compaq.com . (The guy who'll be
sending it out commented that "I really should put it on the FTP site...";
if he does, I'll mention it here.)

How many of our ports have PCI buses, anyway? The controller is PCI-only.