Subject: Re: RAID suggestions
To: None <seebs@plethora.net>
From: Brook Milligan <brook@biology.nmsu.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 12/03/1999 10:52:51
   In message <19991203113612.A24208@thebrain.conmicro.cx>, Jay Maynard writes:
   >That said, you'd still have to boot DOS to run an array configuration
   >utility, but executable floppy images are downloadable from Compaq's web
   >page.

   Do the images include the DOS stuff?  That's the killer with the DPT.  I don't
   *HAVE* DOS, so I can't boot a machine to DOS to run their little program.

You might try downloading the FreeDOS (www.freedos.org) boot floppy
image (look for FULL.IMG, I think), removing most of the files except
kernel.sys, (fd)config.sys, and command.com, and adding whatever
utility you need.  You should be able to do this all within NetBSD
without booting DOS until after you've made the utility floppy.  Of
course, I don't know if their stuff runs under FreeDOS, but the goal
of that project is compatability.

Cheers,
Brook