Subject: Re: Disk-On-Chip support?
To: None <tls@rek.tjls.com>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 11/30/1999 16:25:00
Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com> writes:
> Use genuine SanDisk parts, though -- many of the Japanese parts OEMed
> by other manufacturers have horrible bugs when used in disk mode.

I've not done much with CF under NetBSD (since CF cards just hang my
laptop, under 1.4.x 8-), but I've had good luck with various vendors,
with custom (home-grown) embedded device firmware and linux:

	Kingston (8-32MB)
	SST (4-32MB)
	Simple Technology (32MB)

etc.  (I _think_ those are the only cards on my desk right now, but,
well, they tend to get buried... 8-)

Some of them are a bit quirky, but they all function just fine.  (Of
course, those are all major manufacturers and/or OEMs.)

Of course, if you buy cards from Joe Bob's Flash Shack, you do take
your chances...

cgd