Subject: Re: Amanda and changer
To: Eric Delcamp <e.delcamp@wanadoo.fr>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: current-users
Date: 11/28/1999 21:17:27
On Sun, Nov 28, 1999 at 12:07:27AM +0100, Eric Delcamp wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I'm trying to use my old HP DAT changer (6 DSS-2 DAT slots) on -current with
> Amanda. I build it from pkgsrc, but I can't figure where config files should
> go (amanda.conf, and my changer.conf). I have tried in /usr/pkg/etc/amanda/,
> /usr/pkg/etc/amanda/normal/ (normal config), /etc, but no success. I'm
> trying to use chg-chio perl script.

I've put my changer.conf file in /usr/pkg/etc/amanda.
amanda.conf has to be in /usr/pkg/etc/amanda/<config name>, so probably
/usr/pkg/etc/amanda/normal/ in your case.
In my amanda.conf file I have:
runtapes 1              # number of tapes to be used in a single run of amdump
tpchanger "chg-scsi"    # the tape-changer glue script
tapedev "0"             # for chg-scsi, this indicates the changer config to
                        # use
rawtapedev "/dev/null"  # the raw device to be used (ftape only)
changerfile "/usr/pkg/etc/amanda/changer.conf"
changerdev "/dev/ch0"