Subject: Re: Bind 8.2.2p5 pulled up to -release?
To: Jim Wise <jwise@draga.com>
From: Rick Byers <rickb@iaw.on.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 11/28/1999 14:08:35
> In the mean time, note that the net/bind8 package in pkgsrc has been
> updated to 8.2.2p5, so you at least have an easy, standard way to do
> this install...

What are the issues with having two copies of bind installed (one in
/usr/pkg, one in /usr/sbin)?  Doesn't bind put stuff in libc, or is that
all in libresolv now?  Once the pkgsrc version is installed, is it safe to
remove all of the bind binaries in /usr/sbin - just to be safe?  (I don't
like leaving ANY insecure code around, since some other admin might
accidentially use it).

Thanks!
	Rick

Rick Byers                       University of Waterloo, Computer Science
rickb@iaw.on.ca                               http://www.iaw.on.ca/rickb/