Subject: IDE Hang with SOFTDEP on arm32
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Mike Pumford <mpumford@black-star.demon.co.uk>
List: current-users
Date: 11/24/1999 14:21:29
I have been having problems with SOFTDEP on arm32. Basically whenever any
significant disk activity occurs the system hangs with the IDE disk light on.
The system still responds to pings and I can break into the kernel debugger
but no further disk activity occurs. When I do break into the kernel I get the
error message:
Non-emulated page fault with intr_depth > 0

No stack backtrace is available at this point.

This failure occurs regardless of whether soft updates has been enabled on any
file system or not.
This is with current supped 19/11/1999. A kernel with SOFTDEP disabled works
fine. Also the SOFTDEP kernel functioned correctly until the current libc was
activated after building the userland.

Mike