Subject: null format string complaint on sun3 make-build.
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/22/1999 04:50:12
I have a (previously) 1.4 sun3 here, and it's been crawling through the
process of getting up to current (dated 19991110). The latest stoppage:

dependall ===> bin/dd
mkdep -a args.c conv.c conv_tab.c dd.c misc.c position.c
cc -O2  -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Werror   -c args.c
cc -O2  -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Werror   -c conv.c
cc -O2  -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Werror   -c conv_tab.c
cc -O2  -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Werror   -c dd.c
cc1: warnings being treated as errors
dd.c: In function `setup':
dd.c:159: warning: null format string
dd.c:164: warning: null format string
*** Error code 1

Stop.

I seem to recall a discussion about "null format string" complaints a while
ago. I've built the same sources with i386, arm32, alpha, and sparc, and they
all succeed. I tried a (cd /usr/src && make includes) to see if there was
something icky going on with the headers, and redid the make build without
UPDATE=, but it still stopped here.

Clue card please?

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ best.com